- Who are we?
- Since 1955, Columbia House has been delivering the finest in entertainment to millions of members. We started out as a music club, and we now offer DVDs, TV series from our library, video games and much more. And though we might be best known for our amazing introductory offers, it's our everyday sale prices and selection that keep our members satisfied. Plus, with our full-service website, you can do all your shopping online.
- What are the ratings displayed with some DVDs?
- MPAA Ratings:
G: GENERAL AUDIENCES
PG: PARENTAL GUIDANCE SUGGESTED
PG-13: PARENTAL GUIDANCE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CHILDREN UNDER 13
R: RESTRICTED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 17 WITHOUT PARENTAL SUPERVISION
NC-17: NOT FOR CHILDREN UNDER 17
TVMA: TELEVISION MATURE AUDIENCE
- Are Columbia House's DVDs as good as the ones from a store?
- Yes. They come to you factory-sealed, and we guarantee each and every one of them. If you ever receive a DVD that's defective or damaged, we'll replace it or credit your account or credit/debit card.
- How do I find the products I want?
- It's easy—just use the search bar located at the top of our website. You can enter a title, actor, director, series name, selection number, description, category or topic. You can also browse DVDs by genre using the navigation located beneath the Club logo.
- How do I contact Customer Service?
- If you require assistance with something not included in our FAQs, please Contact Us and we'll be happy to help you! You can also call Customer Service Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm (EST) at 716-250-5710.
Joining the Club
- How do I join?
- Browse our website, make your DVD selections and review the items in your Cart. Then simply complete the checkout process by providing your name, billing/shipping information and agreeing to our risk-free Membership Agreement and clicking Join Now. And remember, we guarantee your satisfaction! If you're not completely satisfied with your introductory package, you may return the unopened DVDs within 10 days at our expense. Your membership will be canceled and you'll owe nothing.
- What does it mean to be a member? Is there a catch?
- During your membership, you only need to purchase the number of DVDs at our regular low prices outlined in your Membership Agreement. The Membership Agreement outlines the number of DVDs you need to purchase as well as other important details about this great offer. After purchasing the required number of DVDs, you are free to cancel your membership at any time.
- What if I change my mind?
- We guarantee your satisfaction. Your membership is risk-free. If you're not completely satisfied with your introductory package, you may return it within 10 days at our expense. Your membership will be canceled and any payments will be credited/refunded.
- Will a new DVD be mailed to me every month?
- It's up to you! You'll receive an email or catalog every 2-3 weeks that highlights a new DVD or set of DVDs. You can choose whether you'd like to purchase any of these Director's Selections. However, these DVDs will be automatically shipped to you unless you decline them. If you decide they're not for you, simply tell us by the due date provided in your Director's Selection email or on your Member Reply Form.
- Can I join if I am not a resident of the United States?
- At the present time, only residents of the United States and those who are active U.S. military personnel living overseas (with APO/FPO addresses) can be members of the Club.
Billing & Shipping
- When will I be charged for my purchase?
- We'll charge your credit card, debit card or PayPal account when we ship your order.
- When will my introductory order arrive?
- Orders are shipped by U.S. Postal Service. Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for delivery—although we are confident you'll get your Columbia House products even sooner. Once you become a member, you'll be able to refer to your Account Information on our members-only site to check the status of all your orders.
- Is it safe to enter my credit/debit card or PayPal information on the website?
- Do I need to pay tax?
- We collect taxes in states where applicable. That tax is paid to your state and/or local tax authorities. Many states require us to collect tax on the total cost of your order, including shipping and processing.
- Do I need to keep a payment method on file?
- When you use your credit or debit card with Columbia House, you can choose to save your card information and to use it for all future purchases. For your convenience, we will then automatically charge your orders, including Director's Selections, to your saved card. You can add/edit your payment information at any time by visiting the Account section of the website. You can also select this option when placing an order or making a payment with your credit or debit card. When you update your payment method, any pending orders or charges, including Director's Selections, will be applied to the new payment method you provided. A valid credit/debit card or a PayPal account must be kept on file for all future shipment and Club charges. Once you are a member, you can use pre-paid/gift cards for one-time purchases.
- Can I have items shipped outside of the United States?
- At the present time, we can only ship to individuals residing within the United States and its possessions, and those persons with APO/FPO addresses. Shipments are not sent to other locations as we cannot guarantee product delivery.